Our knowledge and experience allows us to best advise our clients on all of their immigration and citizenship needs. Because we specialize, we personalize your experience. Our firm offers both the Real Estate and the Charitable Contribution to the SIDF options as paths to Citizenship. All legal advice is provided by the firm, and the vetting and processing of the applications by our in-house authorised CBI processing agent Global Management and Consulting Corporation.
Real Estate Investment Options:
- Fractional ownership of Condominiums/Dockominiums
- Full ownership of Condominiums/Dockominium
- Full ownership of existing Villas
- Full ownership of villas that a purchaser would like to construct
5. Contribution to the SIDF
The Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis, also known as the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis, is a two-island country in the Eastern Caribbean located in the Leeward Islands chain of the Lesser Antilles. It is the smallest sovereign state in the Americas, in both area and population. St. Kitts and Nevis is a fully independent country within the Commonwealth realm, with the British Monarch as its head of state.
The currency used in St. Kitts and Nevis is Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD). However, the United States Dollar (USD) is widely accepted as a second currency. There are no currency control restrictions in St. Kitts and Nevis.
The Citizenship by Investment (CBI) Program of the Federation of St. Christopher (St. Kitts) and Nevis has been operational since 1984. This makes it one of the oldest existing such program worldwide.
The Economic Citizenship by Investment program of St. Kitts and Nevis is a program that allows an investor in an approved Real Estate Development or a person who makes a specified charitable contribution to the SIDF to apply to become a citizen of the country. The person must pass a strict due diligence process.
The CBI Program of St. Kitts and Nevis requires that an applicant make a monetary contribution to the Federation, either as a Real Estate Investment, or through the Sugar Industry Diversification Fund (SIDF).
To qualify for the program, the main applicant must be over the age of 18 years, and have invested at least $400,000.00, the minimum amount required by law, in an approved Real Estate Development; or have contributed $250,000.00, for one applicant only to the SIDF.
The minimum age requirement for the main applicant is 18 years of age. Permitted dependents may be of any age.
Permitted dependent means:
- A spouse of the main applicant
- A child under eighteen (18) years old of the main applicant or his or her spouse
- The child of the main applicant or his or her spouse between eighteen and twenty-five years who is in full time attendance at a recognized institution of higher learning after his/her eighteen birthday and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his spouse above the age of sixty-five years living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- A child of the main applicant or spouse of the main applicant who is above the age of eighteen years and physically or mentally challenged.
The application process takes on average of 90 days. Hardtman and Associates will keep you appraised of the status of your application throughout the process.
SIDF is a public charity and the investment amount is donated to the sugar industry foundation (charity). is non refundable by the Govt. With real estate option it is bit expensive, but investment is recoverable (real estate can be sold after 5yrs).
The real estate investment is a recoverable investment, because you can sell it after 5 years. As of new rules from 2012, the next buyer will qualify for citizenship.
We highly recommend real-estate program, because having a “second home” in St.Kitts is a very good reason for getting a St.Kitts citizenship and passport. This would help even you are questioned at border controls.
As you can see, the real estate option is expensive but the real estate option is a recoverable investment however, you can only sell your property after 5 years. It will not qualify the next buyer for citizenship.
Both real estate and SIDF takes the same approval time.
Are there any fee for children aged over 18 years of age to be included in the Citizenship application?
Yes. Children who are aged between 18 – 25 years pay additional USD 50,000 Government fees.
- Citizenship for life, with the right to live and work in the country
- The ability to pass one’s citizenship to future generations by descent
- The opportunity to maintain dual citizenship if so desired
- Complete discretion with respect to citizenship, ensuring that one’s citizenship status is not reported to third parties
- Visa-free travel to about 130 countries and territories, including the European Union, the Schengen region, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- A low tax regime, safeguarding citizens from, for example, worldwide income, inheritance, and gift tax
- Life in a ‘business haven’ with numerous incentives for business and investment
There is no residency requirement.
There is visa free travel to over 150 countries and territories with a St. Kitts and Nevis passport. For the list of countries with visa free travel with a St. Kitts and Nevis passport, please see this page
St. Kitts and Nevis has no personal income tax, no wealth tax, and no inheritance taxes.
- If applicant has a criminal record.
- If applicant provides false information.
- If applicant is deemed a threat to National Security.
- If the applicant had a visa denial to any country to which St. Kitts and Nevis has Visa free travel.
- If the applicant fails the health requirements as outlined in the application.
Please contact us for a full list of documents.
No. You are not required to live in St. Kitts and Nevis but as a citizen you have every right to live and work in St. Kitts and Nevis, whenever you want.
Travel to St Kitts and Nevis is not generally required. However, as part of the processing of the applications, individual applicants may be requested to attend an interview.
The St Kitts & Nevis government recognizes and accepts dual citizenship.